It was my little girl’s first birthday a couple of weeks ago. How time flies! One day they are a baby and the next they have grown into a toddler with their very own personality.
It was a lovely day; we had a small party in the back garden with a few toddlers, mums, dads & family.
So let’s talk about the food! I found it quite hard to think about what to have on offer as we needed snacks for 1 year olds as well as for adults. So I set out to create a mix of healthy finger foods for babies and tasty party bites for adults. I do think it can’t all be healthy after all it is a celebration!
So if you are struggling to think of what to make for your one year old’s birthday here are a few ideas:
- No crust mini quiche (recipe here)
- Fruit platter (We had grapes, watermelon, blueberries & strawberries, but you could pick whatever’s in season)
- Mini cucumber sandwiches (I used a cookie cutter to create heart shaped sandwiches)
- Mini cheese sandwiches
- Cucumber sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Pita bread cut in fingers
- Mango and Passion fruit ice lollies (recipe here)
- Blueberry Cake
- Cake pops (I made carrot cake and white chocolate pops and decorated with walnuts/ chocolate pieces/ sugar pieces)
- Mini Rice cakes
- Birthday cake (We made a cardamon & rose water cake)